(This post originally appeared on my other site, Transcription e-Services.)
Whether you’re new to the Virtual Assistant field or a seasoned veteran I’m sure you’ve learned that we could all use a little help sometimes. I’ve decided to compile a list of my favorite virtual assistant groups and forums. The inspiration from this post came from reading Vernessa Taylor’s guest post over at Growmap entitled Virtual Assistants: Step Up Your Game.
In my experience, groups and forums can be really helpful. There are lots of benefits.
- You can get advice from others who have already been there.
- You can learn tips and tricks on everything from time management to retaining new clients.
- If you’re already established you can still benefit. Give back to the VA community and help the newbies. Remember, you were in their shoes once!
- It’s also never too late to learn something new. Forums are always filled with class/training announcements.
- It’s a great way to network and connect with others in your industry. You may even find a partner or subcontractor.
Here’s my little list of helpful groups and forums in no particular order. Most contain links so you can stop by right now!
- International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA)
- LinkedIn Virtual Assistant Community (LVAC)
- VA Outsourcing Resources
- Virtual Assistant Empowerment Facebook group (This is my group, and I’d love to see you in there!)
There you have it. You can start out by picking one or two of these sites and getting involved. Most of them are free to sign up, however, the paid ones are well worth it. I frequent some of these regularly. If you see me, say hi! Do you have any groups or forums to add to this list?
Disclosure: Some of these links are affiliate links. I may receive a commission if you sign up.
Don’t miss any tips or news from New VA Advice! Sign up here and I’ll visit your inbox.