You may or may not know that I got my start online as a general transcriptionist. There are other posts here that will tell you exactly how that came to be and how I set up my business. You can go ahead and read those now if you like, but don’t forget to come back!
The point I’d like to make today is that this is a viable income-earning service to provide. You can do this as a stand-alone business as I did or add it to the current services you are offering as a Virtual Assistant.
There are plenty of people out there right now who need general transcription services. Did you know that you can increase your business and help them to make more money by offering transcription services? That’s right!
Here is a short list of people who benefit from transcription:
- Business coaches
How will transcription benefit them?
We all know that audio and video are huge in the online business world right now. People and businesses are adding video posts to their websites. They are holding webinars and teleseminars. They’re posting audio and video messages to sales pages.
At some point in the process they are going to need a written version of all of that audio whether they realize it or not. You could be the one who helps them with that.
Here are just a few ways that you can help business owners earn more cash with transcription:
- Audio/video posts: Transcribe these for your client and use the written version as another blog post. Optimize it with keywords to bring in their readers. More eyes on their website can lead to more sales of their product or service.
- Webinars/teleseminars: Repurpose the written version into a blog post or a sellable product.
- Product Packages: Your client may currently offer a package with an audio and workbook. Add in a transcript of the audio. You are adding to the value of the package, therefore the price can be increased. You may also reach a wider audience as there are people who prefer to read versus listen to materials.
Those are just a couple of examples to get your wheels turning!
How will it benefit you?
- If you want to make it a stand-alone career:
- You can create a service-based transcription business looking for clients who will benefit from repurposing their audio
- If you already have a VA business:
- You become their rockstar VA who told them about these great ways to add revenue to their business.
- You will increase your workload from existing clients making you more money and possible referrals.
Does general transcription sound like an option for you to earn income? If you’d like to learn how to provide this service, check out the General Transcription Bootcamp.
Don’t miss any tips or news from New VA Advice! Sign up here and I’ll visit your inbox.