Grab the audio version of this post here:
Hi, it’s Alicia here at newVAadvice.com and I’m back with another segment in the Getting Started Series. Today, I’m answering the question:
How can I turn my skills into services in my VA business?
The first thing I usually tell people to do is to think about your skillset. Take into consideration the things you’ve learned from your current and past jobs as well as life experiences. A number of those skills could be transferred into your virtual assistant business services.
Start by making a list of all of those skills and responsibilities. Then note the things you really enjoy doing and the ones that you don’t care for. Now just focus on the list of the ones you love doing and begin expanding that into others that you’d love to learn more about.
Let me give you some ideas of skills that you can turn into VA services:
- Maybe you love to write and the written word is your thing. You can offer ghost writing, blogging, proofreading, editing, transcription and copywriting.
- Maybe you love all things tech. You can offer assistance with WordPress, coding, shopping carts, list software, affiliate program setup and membership site setup.
- Are you a social butterfly? You might fit well into social media or marketing dealing with public relations, press releases, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and other social media avenues.
- Do you like to run the show, fit all the pieces into place and rock at delegating? Perhaps you want to think about kicking it up a notch and creating a team. You can offer project management and online business management.
- If numbers are your thing, you can offer bookkeeping services. If you like to be on the phone, you can offer call center or help desk services.
- If you’re into organization, you can offer event planning, appointment keeping and scheduling or database management.
Those are some ideas to help you as you’re creating that list of skills. I also mentioned earlier that you should note the things that you want to learn more about.
(Disclaimer: This article includes my affiliate links to sites and courses. I may earn commission if you purchase through my links. You will never be charged more through my links, and I only share trusted resources.)
There are great online classes offered to brush up or enhance your skills. Below is a list of sites that I trust:
This isn’t like taking a full college class where you have to commit to a semester or anything. They are often short sessions that could span from a live webinar to a six-week program to a self-study course. There are definitely possibilities out there.
You can even take courses for very specific skills, allowing you to offer services that will increase your income potential. Below is a list of courses for more specific skills:
- Learn to become a Pinterest VA
- Learn to create online courses and online classrooms
- Learn QuickBooks + PayPal
- Learn to create online marketing and sales funnels
- Learn general transcription
- Learn to be an Online Business Manager
That concludes our discussion about how to turn your skills into services to offer in your VA business.
Your action step today is to make that list of skills you enjoy doing and expand it to include things that you’d like to learn more about as well.